Kidney cells | Hamster | Switzerland
1. Contact address(Person who provides information. This information will be treated confidentially)?
First Name: Patrick
Last Name: Aebischer
Institution: Gene Therapy Center and Division of Surgical Research, CHUV
2. What is the source of your information about human xenotransplantation practices?
3. What is the therapeutic purpose of this xenotransplantation treatment?
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
4. Where and when is this human xenotransplantation practice taking place?
5. Is this treatment part of a clinical trial?
6. How many patients are included in this clinical trial?
7. What are the inclusion criteria for patient selection?
i. Duration on the waiting list? Unknown
ii. Life-threatening diseases without alternative therapy? Yes
iii. Is a protocol available? Yes
8. What is the animal source of the xenotransplantation product?
Do you have information about source animals?
10. Testing of safety
Do you have information about testing of safety?
11. What type of cells/tissues/organs was transplanted?
Others: Kidney cells
12.What type of exposure to xenogeneic cells was involved?
- Solid-organ Xenotransplantation: No
- Cellular Xenotransplantation: Yes
- Tissue Xenotransplantation: No
- Human cells exposed to xenogeneic Feeder cells: No
- Extracorporeal perfusion: No
- Encapsulation: Yes
- Other bioartificial isolation device:
13. Do you have information about transplant recipients?
14. Have results been published in a scientific journal?
if yes, where?
15. Have results been published in a scientific journal?
If yes, Where?
Zurn AD et al., Evaluation of an intrathecal immune response in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients implanted with encapsulated genetically engineered xenogeneic cells. Cell Transplant 2000 Jul-Aug;9(4):471-84
16. Is this human clinical trial performed with governmental and/or institutional oversight and supervision?
If yes, which?
They used genetically engineered baby hamster kidney(BHK) cells releasing human ciliary neurotrophic factorTags: data collection