Chromaffin cells | Calf | Switzerland
1. Contact address(Person who provides information. This information will be treated confidentially)?
First Name: Patrick
Last Name: Aebischer
Institution: University of Lausanne Medical School
2. What is the source of your information about human xenotransplantation practices?
3. What is the therapeutic purpose of this xenotransplantation treatment?
4. Where and when is this human xenotransplantation practice taking place?
Timing: In 1996
5. Is this treatment part of a clinical trial?
6. How many patients are included in this clinical trial?
7. What are the inclusion criteria for patient selection?
i. Duration on the waiting list? Unknown
ii. Life-threatening diseases without alternative therapy? No
iii. Is a protocol available? No
8. What is the animal source of the xenotransplantation product?
Do you have information about source animals?
10. Testing of safety
Do you have information about testing of safety?
11. What type of cells/tissues/organs was transplanted?
Others: Chromaffin / cells
12.What type of exposure to xenogeneic cells was involved?
- Solid-organ Xenotransplantation: No
- Cellular Xenotransplantation: Yes
- Tissue Xenotransplantation: No
- Human cells exposed to xenogeneic Feeder cells: No
- Extracorporeal perfusion: No
- Encapsulation: Yes
- Other bioartificial isolation device:
Do you have information about transplant recipients?
14. Have results been presented at a scientific congress?
if yes, where?
15. Have results been published in a scientific journal?
if yes, Where?
Buchner E. et al. Immunoisolated xenogeneic chromatin cell therapy for chronic pain. Initial clinical experience Anesthesiology 1996 Nov; 85(5):1005-12
16. Is this human clinical trial performed with governmental and/or institutional oversight and supervision?
If yes, which?
Ethical Committee of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Lausanne, Switzerland
17. Was the trial approved by a public health authorities(ministry of health, governmental agency…)?
if yes, which?
18.Was the trial overseen by a public health authorities(ministry of health, governmental agency…)?
if yes, which?